Thursday, May 22, 2008

Reader's Advisory-If I had attended

I did read different and interesting books to discuss at Reader's Advisory. We at ACLS had already taken a reader's advisory class ,so we did not have to attend. After the day we had traveling on 4/23/08, we could'nt handle another day of being lost for 3 hours.

Resistance, a novel/ Owen Sheers Good read on obscure history during WWll in Great Britain. First novel by Owen Sheers. Hope there is another.

The World is Flat, a brief history of the twenty-first century/ Thomas L. Friedman
I listened to this in my car back and forth to work. I am now enlightened to one man's view of the way our world works.

Freakonomics, a rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything/ Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner.
I listened to this one also in the car.
Both authors like to turn conventional wisdom open for thought. They explored the hidden side to "everything". Entertaining and thought provoking read.

Judy

No comments: